Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Blogger

     I have been reading many blogs lately, and thought I might give this a try too.  
     Yesterday I sat through two Webinars from Legacy.  Blogging for Beginners with DearMyrtle and More Blogging for Beginners with DearMyrtle.  These were free Webinars from Legacy Family Tree.  Dear Myrtle gave wonderful presentations and I was able to set this blog up.  Now I can only hope to do this right or at least have fun!
I have never enjoyed writing, especially writing what others might read, so just not sure how this will work.  My son, Jesse, thinks this will be great.  He thinks I could learn a lot about my family history if I wrote it down and heard from other people their thoughts on my thoughts.  ~laughs~ not sure that makes sense, but I understood~  So I am going to give this a go and see what happens, besides I hate to admit it, but Jesse is usually right ~smiles~
     In 2000 I stared a Website, "The McManigle Family Website", I loved working on this in the beginning. I only had about 200 family members so it was not too hard to keep it updated.  By 2006 there were over 30,000 family members!  I have not updated that website since 2006, I don't think I would even know how to any longer ~laughs~  In 2008, my database became corrupted, children changed parents, children became great great grandparents of their parents.  It was literally a mess!  I spent a year trying to decide to try to 'fix' the database or just start over.  I tried many different things, but finally decided to just start over from scratch.  I still haven't gotten all of my family members from the Website into the new database, so good thing I did not update the Website ~laughs~  I still get emails from people that would like more information on someone and I look in my Legacy software and can't find them.  If I remember, I then look on the Website and they are usually there and I then can add that family to Legacy and answer their emails.
     Well this is my start, we shall see how it goes. . . .


Preview



3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Congrats on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now starting adding "images" (scanned photos and documents).

    :::giggle:::

    Isn't this a fun way to spotlight your ancestors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmon Conder McManigellMarch 5, 2011 at 4:24 AM

    My husband is a McManigell and I have always felt that this family and his is connected.My e mail address is rmcmanigell@tampabay.rr.com.I have worked on our family tree many years.Have a lovely day and God bless

    ReplyDelete